Monday, July 23, 2012

day 11 after pain test



Yesterday was my first pain free day since they injected the Kenalog. Don't think that means that I went for a run and did everything I wanted. Very much the opposite - I sat or was reclined most of the day. I played video games, watched tv, napped. But I also did the dishes and cooked a big breakfast for us and our house guests.

And by pain free, I mean I had no sharp pains the entire day. Nothing that made me hold my breath and try to recover gracefully. It still aches and hurts a little, and other body parts - who have been working overtime compensating for my left hip - ache most of the time. In the last few days, it's been especially my right hamstring and left glutes, along with the ever present interior left hip/groin pain.

Saturday we took our friend's cousin's boat out, and they were kind enough not to drive quickly, which made the ride bearable pain wise for me. It was nice to float in the lake with a beer and friends.

I did attempt a grocery store run last Thursday, and it was awful. Started out ok, but I got slower and slower (someone on a walker actually lapped me) and my hip hurt more and more as I tried to finish gathering everything on my list. I also felt like I lost some sensation the more I walked, which has happened on multiple days lately. I'm hoping that sensation goes away since I'm going to need to walk a lot in Italy.

Two more active release appointments this week on Tuesday and Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment