Monday, July 2, 2012

The plan for now through October

As there's no way I can have surgery until the end of October, I chatted with Dr M about my plan for now.

  • Physical Therapy - 6 weeks of this, twice a week. Going to use the therapist I've been using as she's awesome.

  • Active Release Therapy (ART), and sports chiropractor (he has worked in orthopedics before) - as often as this doctor says I need to come in. His first appointment was July 16th, so I'm not looking forward to my 2 week waiting period :/

Between these two things, we are hoping to manage my pain level to get me through October. My fingers are crossed, but I've already done 6 weeks of PT as part of Dr D's conservative approach, so I'm not expecting miracles. I've been trying very hard not to rely on painkillers and intend on continuing that trend.

In the meantime, I'm posting to boards to find pain relief ideas from people who have dealt with this before. Maybe there's some sort of trick I'm missing.

I'm also canvassing for friends or friends of friends who have or have had AFI. I'm asking tons of questions to better understand what they went through and what I have in front of me.

If you've gone through this, any tips? Anything you wished you had known before surgery?

No comments:

Post a Comment