Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day wrap up


I survived the 4th. We were supposed to go to two parties - one a BBQ at 3, and then a dinner and fireworks viewing at 6. By 2 my back and hip were hurting quite a bit, so I stretched out and took a nap hoping it would help. It helped a little, but more time being still would have been nice.

So off we went to dinner, where we met up with Ultimate friends. Fun stuff, and I was able to find seating in the apartment and upstairs on the rooftop deck. We had one friend there who was 16 days post op on ACL repair, and another friend who is having foot surgery in 2 weeks. Ultimate folks are a lively but broken crowd.

After fireworks we needed to stay put for a while as there was a lot of traffic downtown. No use getting in the car to go nowhere. I stretched out on the couch, which helped, but by the time we went home I was in a pretty considerable amount of pain. Unfortunately for me, being unable to go to a friends house pain free pretty much means no floating the river tomorrow. Lamesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment